Due to the amount of athletes that were absent on Sunday the 11th February at trials, there will not be a player cut until after the 2nd trial on Wednesday 14th February. All athletes must be in attendance at this trial.
It’s that time of year again to start sending in your nominations for the below awards. Download the form below and then email to the address on the form.
Helen Taylor Award: A person who has shown growth and achieved a higher level of netball ability, being recognised by club and peers, higher placed netball program participation, and is someone who has displayed the true spirit of netball.
Club Person Award: A person who has shown great dedication to the Club, has proudly represented the club, going above and beyond the call of duty. This person can be a member of the club engaged in any role, either voluntary or committee member.
Coach of the Year Award: A coach who has shown great dedication and commitment to their team and their own developmental pathway as a coach representing the Club.
Umpire Award: An umpire who has shown great development and a high desire to elevate their level throughout the season and has been recognised by their peers.
Life Member: A person who has provided a minimum 5 years of service at Committee level and has been recognised for their voluntary dedication and commitment to the Club.
West Coasters Netball Club Kingsway Inc, would like to welcome Ascend Business Technology as a sponsor to the club for 2017 and many years to come.
Ascend will provide the Club with Email services ie hosted mailboxes using the latest technology to ensure efficiency of our internet based communications through increased reliability and performance. We welcome Jason Roper and his team to the West Coasters family.
2017 Codes of Behaviour for Players, Parents and Spectators
All Players, Parents and Spectators of the club will be required to adhere to the Codes of Behaviour
below at all times throughout the season. Please ensure that you understand these obligations, as by
you or your child registering to play with the club, you warrant that you will abide by these rules which
also apply to all spectators.
PLAYERS’ CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
- Play for the “fun of it”.
- Play by the rules.
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your captain or coach approach the official
during a break or after the game.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials or other players, deliberately fouling or
provoking an opponent and throwing equipment is not acceptable or permitted in any sport.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Cheer all good plays, whether they be by your team or the other team.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated. Do not interfere with, bully or take unfair
advantage of another player.
- Avoid use of derogatory language.
- Co-operate with your coach, team-mates and opponents. Without them there would be no
game. ‘People play and watch sport because they want to’
PARENTS’ AND SPECTATORS’ CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
- Applaud good performances and efforts from each team. Congratulate all participants upon
their performance, regardless of the game’s outcome.
- Respect the official’s decisions. If there is a disagreement, follow the appropriate procedure in
order to question the decision and teach the children to do likewise.
- Never ridicule a player for making a mistake during a competition. Positive comments are
- Condemn the use of violence in any form, be it by spectators, coaches, officials or players.
- Show respect for your team’s opponents. Without them there would be no game.
- Encourage players to follow the rules and the officials’ decisions.
- Demonstrate appropriate social behaviour by not using foul language, harassing players,
coaches or officials.
- Avoid use of derogatory language based on gender.
- Recognize the value and importance of volunteer coaches and officials. They give their time
and resources to provide recreational activities for the children and deserve your support.
DISCIPLINARY ACTION WILL APPLY IF THE CODES OF BEHAVIOUR ARE NOT ADHERED TO
Congratulations to the following athletes and coaches on their 2016 TACT selection:
|Kat Laing||Simon Thomason|
|Sophie Giraudo||Trina Giraudo|
|Abby Hardie||Isabella Mason||Lara Anstiss|
|Courtney Atkins||Amelia Baker||Kellie Baker|
|Sienna Bilchuris||Aisha Bridewell||Tia Brown|
|Sophie Gatfield||Sophie Giraudo||Caitlin Heath|
|Sienna Hollis||April-JadeJolly||Paris Lemus-Cardona|
|Madison Lockhart||Sophie Marinovich||Olivia Matta|
|Layne O'Reilly||Kate Pocsidio||Tia Saville|
|Teagan Sawatzky||Grace Shields||Kimberley Sulidis|
|Charlize Terribile||Pariss Tindal-Davies||Anna-Lee Van Zyl|
|Amelia White||Jessica White||Teigan Whitehead|
|Violana Winchester||Nikita Wood|
|Kaitlin Tkachenko||Shayna Kingston||Greta Kingston|